The Goal: To get 200 Likes by 1:30AM EST for my “Maggie Chang for the Under Armour Ultimate Intern Team.” Start time: 12:12AM EST.
- By social media of course! I posted a Facebook status and tweeted this to tell people what I was trying to do:
Social Media Tactic Used:
Incorporation of followers and friends that THEY can make the difference by setting a time-restrained goal.
- What is said right above is extremely important to realize. When you can make people feel involved in any process, your backing will be much stronger. In the first 20 minutes, I got 27 likes right away! People saw that they could get me to 200 and they decided to make the difference.
Consistency of Status Updates
- I decided to keep people updated on how many more likes we needed through the entire hour because the sense of urgency is set when you do that. Examples are shown below:
My friends DEFINITELY pulled through!
People who already liked my page:
- Retweeted my tweets
- Facebook Instant Messaged their friends to convince them to like my page
- Shared my page, expressing the goal
And a lot of people who hadn’t liked it originally were motivated to like it to help me accomplish this goal.
Did we make it?
Just a MINUTE before time ran out, we got to 200!!!!
A HUGE thank you to my friends who got so into helping me! Thank you if you just liked the page, thank you if you shared the page, thank you if you IMed people, retweeted, etc. It means the world to me; I won’t let you all down :)